The CSCMP Puget Sound Roundtable of the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP) offers a competitive scholarship program annually to students in Washington. The purpose of the scholarship is to further the education of members and students and to enhance interest in supply chain management.
The scholarship program is open to undergraduate students who are working towards a career in the supply chain management or logistics field and enrolled in an accredited college or university located in Washington that offers a two year or four year degree.
Previous recipients of this scholarship or any other CSCMP roundtable scholarship will not be eligible.
Two $1000 tuition scholarships will be awarded to students to support their education. The tuition scholarships are awarded to recipients through their university’s financial aid office.
Another award is the opportunity to be a student assistant at the annual CSCMP Edge Conference. Travel, conference registration, and hotel accommodations are covered and a small stipend is provided. Applicant must be a full time student at the time of the conference and a student member of CSCMP at the time of application. For details or questions regarding the student assistant award, click here to email us your questions. General Edge conference information can be found at https://cscmp.org.
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Applicants must be a student in good standing at the time of the award.
- Applicants must have taken or be enrolled in courses related to supply chain management or logistics, or enrolled in a supply chain related curriculum.
- Application Requirements: (Include Application Checklist with application materials-click here for checklist)
- Provide current contact information: name, address, e-mail address, phone number
- Indicate if you would like your application to be considered for any one of the multiple awards (tuition scholarships or CSCMP global conference student assistant award). A student can be the recipient of only one award.
- Transcript (unofficial), highlighted to demonstrate each of the above entry requirements.
- Current resume
- Maximum two-page typed, double spaced original essay in Times New Roman 12 font discussing the applicant’s interest in supply chain management and his/her career plans.
- One letter of recommendation from a faculty member.
Deadline: Scholarship applications must be received by the last Sunday of February.
Scholarship information can also be found at: http://cscmpmn.org/education/scholarship/
E-mail application materials including Application Checklist to the CSCMP Puget Sound Roundtable at: email@example.com
How Scholarship Awards are Determined
The Tuition Scholarships and CSCMP Edge Conference Student Assistant award will be awarded based on essay quality, letter of recommendation, academic record, and resume. The essays are judged on the elements of content, grammar, and presentation. Each applicant will be given fair and careful consideration. An official transcript may be requested by the CSCMP Puget Sound Roundtable at its discretion. The award recipients will be selected without regard to race, sex, religion, or national origin. The decision of the board of directors of the CSCMP Puget Sound Roundtable is final.
Recipients will be announced in mid-spring each year.