Securing the Medical Supply Chain
October 15 @ 8:00 AM - 3:00 PMFree
Homeland Security Emergency Management (HSEM) provides an overview of the medical supply chain. Understand/discuss vulnerabilities and risks associated with security, transportation, availability of raw materials and challenges to industry. Sponsored by CSCMP Puget Sound and no cost to register!
Guest speaker Onora Lien is the Executive Director of the Northwest Healthcare Response Network, a large non-profit healthcare coalition which coordinates healthcare disaster preparedness and response planning across 15 counties and 25 tribes in western Washington state.
- Provide broad overview of the medical supply chain.
- Understand/discuss vulnerabilities and risks associated with security, transportation, availability of raw materials and challenges experienced by suppliers, distributors, and receivers.
- Discuss impact of supply and demand expectations on the availability of medical supplies, and equipment during a significant event (natural and intentional).
- Explore operational, communications, and planning requirements to support continuity of critical healthcare functions during an emergency.
- Identify best practices and applications required by the industry and program faculty to address the knowledge, skills, and abilities students will need in order to gain employment.